Wednesday 15 February 2012

The Dreaded Potty Training

H was 3 in January and we are still not getting anywhere with the blasted potty training!

My partner suggested bribing him with a biscuit (H loves his biscuits) but I was against it.
Silly paranoid mummy thinking he'll end up with some kind of deep rooted psychological issue about toilets and biscuits!

However as everyone of my methods had so far failed I thought I'd give it a go.

So I pop H on the toilet and tell him that he can have a biscuit if he does a poo. H seems happy to oblige, all was going well.
Well at least it was until he pulled a funny face, went bright red and proceeded to burst into tears. Bugger!
He then said to me through the sobs " I can't do it Mummy!"
I don't think I have ever felt more terrible than I did at that moment.
Great now not only do I feel like the worst mother in the world but my son probably has piles from strainning to hard.
That did not got well at all.
I don't think I'll be trying that method again, back to plan B - wait for warmer weather and let him run wild and naked in the garden, following behind him, potty in hand.

Baby Changing Table for Boys

Photo by The Rocketeer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x