It's time again for...
For this weeks quote of the week I have chosen the theme Intelligence.
|Image found on Pinterest, Author Albert Einstein|
I believe that there is no easy way to measure intelligence, for one there are many different types of intelligence. One person could be really good with numbers and formulas but can't do a simple thing like boil an egg, another person may be emotionally intelligent, making them really good with people but they can't do their times tables. So which one is the most intelligent?
A man called Howard Gardner believes that there are infact 9 different types of intelligence.
1) Naturalist Intelligence (“Nature Smart”)
2) Musical Intelligence (“Musical Smart”)
3) Logical-Mathematical Intelligence (Number/Reasoning Smart)
4) Existential Intelligence
5) Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart”)
6) Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence (“Body Smart”)
7) Linguistic Intelligence (Word Smart)
8) Intra-personal Intelligence (Self Smart”)
9) Spatial Intelligence (“Picture Smart”)
So which one are you? I'd say that I'm 5 and maybe number 7.
If we relate this to our children I suppose it's just a case of being aware that eveyone is different and everyone excels at different things. I suppose our job, as parents, is helping them to find the things they are good at and encouraging them to do them.
If you like to join in with 'Quote of the Week' then just add your post to the Linky below. (Still don't quite get it then click here)