Wednesday 7 March 2012

Last Holiday of Freedom


This weeks gallery theme is Light.

I have chosen this picture of my sister, I love the lights reflecting all around her.
This picture was taken on my last ever child free holiday. I was three months pregnant and my partner had gone away to Le Mans so my sister and I booked a last minute holiday to Spain.
It was quite a subdued hoilday, obviously with being pregnant, but still will be one I will remember forever.
I spent most of the time being terrified by ever twitch or slight bit of pain I felt, having never been pregnant before I was a little paranoid. It was also the only adult holiday I had been on without enjoying the all inclusive bar.

This was my last week of freedom, in the sense of no responsabilities, and although it definatley wasn't the most fun filled or action packed holiday I have ever been on it will always hold a special place in my heart. x

See more Gallery entries over at Tara's blog at http://stickyfingers1.blogspot.com/






14 comments:

  1. Lovely shot. I went on holiday at just shy of 3 months pregnant and found myself worrying about things. That said lovely to do your own thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wouldn't worry about it now but it's all so new when it's your first x

      Delete
  2. Love your take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great photo and I love your take on the theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reflections in your picture are great, and I love the story behind it! Although had it been me and one of my sisters I would have kicked her for tormenting me when I couldn't drink!! :) Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I didn't even think of that, I'll get my own back when she gets pregnant ;-)

      Delete
  5. That is fab and the coloured lights are great. You are lucky to have got a girly holiday away - I have never had one. somehow it I missed the boat. Think it was because I married at 22 straight after uni and started working! Anyhow the big 30 this year and 3 kiddies to look after so no chances of one anytime soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and glad you like the photo. It was definatley more luck than anything that we managed to squeeze this holiday in, a spur of the moment thing, but I'm glad we did it. x

      Delete
  6. lovely photo the coloured lights are great and how nice that it holds such great memories x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, glad you like it x

      Delete
  7. Any photo that captures a special memory is one to treasure....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x