Tuesday 20 March 2012

Mothers deserve more than one day

I've been tagged by Farfromhomemama, over at Three Years One Stone then Home in this lovely mother’s day meme that was originally started by Loretta at More Than a Mum.

I've only just found time to sit down and answer the questions, so here goes...

Describe motherhood in 3 words
Busy, Hardwork & Heartwarming

Does your experience differ from your mother’s and how?
Completely, my mother had me when she was 25 and didn't have my sister till she was 30. So I was already at school when my sister was born, whereas I have two at home at the same time. Not sure which one is the best way to do it but I know it's hard work with both of them at home.

What is the hardest thing about being a mum?
The fact that you are on call 24hrs a day, having no time to yourself, the lack of sleep and early mornings.

What’s the best thing about being a mum?
Teaching them new things, having the biggest cuddles, watching them laugh out loud at the silliest things, seeing them develop their own little personalities and comforting them when they are sad.

LinkHow has it changed you?
I've calmed down a lot since having kids, I use to be a bit wild ;-)

What do you hope for your children?
That they have long and happy lives.

What do you fear for them?
Having to live in this fast paced modern world and possible seeing the end of it.

What makes it all worthwhile?
The first time they say Mummy, the first time they say 'I love you' and seeing their big smiles when you walk through the door.

I’m passing this on to five others, can't wait to see what they put.


A Twenty Something Mum

365 Pearls of Wisdom

From Slummy to Yummy Mummy

Moors Mummy

It's Misty...Seriously

2 comments:

  1. Wild, eh? I think we need some posts on that too ;-) I can't imagine how hard it must be with two at home. I find it tiring with just one. The lack of sleep is evil, isn't it. I'm sure we'd be able to take on the world with just another couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's lovely. Your answers are quite similar to mine - I'll do my very best to get on with answering the questions as soon as possible. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x