Friday 6 July 2012

'Quote of the Week' # 5


For this weeks theme for 'Quote of the Week' I have chosen... Judgement.

Image found on Pinterest, originally from Piccsy

 I'm fed up this week. I'm fed up with people judging me without even knowing who I really am. 
Let me explain, I look quite young for my age, I still get asked for ID so I'm persuming people think I'm about 17 when the truth is you actually need to add about 10 years onto that. 

Now you might be thinking well what the hell is she complaining about, isn't it ever womens dream to look younger than they are? Well that's all very well but because I have two children people just see me as a teenage mum. 
I'm so fed up with comments like 'but you don't look old enough to have two children' I mean REALLY! If you want to get technical about it i've been 'able' to have children since the age of 9, something I'm hoping my daughter doesn't follow suit with. It's no fun having periods at that age.

The other thing that really grates on me is whenever we go into a shop and don't buy anything the security guards look the buggy up and down as we go out the door like I might have stashed something in my childs nappy or something. Again just because I look young I must have no money and therefore I must need to steal. 

Apparently when meeting someone for the first time it takes us humans just 3 seconds to judge that person and from then on in it's very hard to get them to change their minds about you. I suppose what I'm saying here is that first impressions aren't always right and maybe we should try to take a bit more time to get to know people before judging them.

Judgement is a horrible thing and I know we are all guilty of it at some point in our lives but I just about had enough of it now. 
Anyway rant over now. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and the weather brightens up a bit and as always If you'd like to join in with 'Quote of the Week' just add your quote to the linky below.










6 comments:

  1. Really sorry to hear people judge you like that, they need to get a life! They'll be jealous in 10 years when they all look old and you still look great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I suppose so. I don't think i'll mind so much later in life, it will be a compliment then, it's just at the moment. Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  2. Haha I get this all the time! In fact I have also blogged about it in the past as it annoyed me so much! I get mistaken for a teenager all the time, I actually got ID'd for buying a box of matched a few months ago! I know that it will be a good thing in 20 years time but it does make me want to change how I dress or something to make people think I'm older, not that I dress young but maybe if I started wearing business suits of something people might take me a bit more seriously! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about wanting to change what you wear I think the same thing, don't know if it would make much difference though. If when i'm in my 40's people still think I'm 17 then I'll be happy x

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry people are so weird and inappropriate because of how young you look...how lame!
    I don't look SUPER young for my age, but I do get carded still in most places if tobacco/alcohol is involved...I hope I don't get those kind of looks/issues after our little one gets here, I can only imagine how rotten it feels!

    (also, this quote you used totally reminded me of the entry I just posted today! :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty rubbish but I'm starting to get use to it now. x

      Delete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x