Monday 16 July 2012

Shut up and stop moaning!

I'm going to have a bit of a moan today (just to warn you lol)
I was going to write a post about ' A Mother's Guilt' but I'm struggling. Not because I don't know what to write but more because I can't concentrate. I can't concentrate because I'm just so tired and I'm fed up with being tired which makes me cross. Then I go from cross to sad which makes me feel even more tired

I wake up every morning and feel like I have been beaten with a baseball bat.
Everyday I feel so tired that I can hardly function, I have constant pain all over my body and everytime I stand up everything goes blackI am still in my late 20's and I shouldn't feel like this everyday. 
The kids go to bed at 7 and don't get up till about 8 so I get plently of sleep. I'm generally on my feet all day doing something whether it be ironing, cleaning, cooking or running around after little ones but that still doesn't explain why I feel as bad as I do.
silhouette
Image by Ferran Jorda

It seems that if I have a day out with the children, like going to the zoo for the day, it then takes me a week to recover from it. That can't be right?!
I have been back to the doctors AGAIN and she now reckons that it might be iron-deficienct anaemia caused by my heavy periods each month. I must admit I did feel slightly relieved that we may have found the answer but I can't help but be sceptical. I have been taking the pills she gave me for a while now and I'm yet to see any improvement. Maybe it takes a while to kick in?
I have to go back in a month to discuss how I'm feeling, so we'll see.
Pills
Image by Keith Ramsey
I'm sorry about the moan but it's just that some days I struggle to pretend that I feel ok. Today is one of those days.

6 comments:

  1. It is so draining when the feeling hits. The tiredness can be such a killer and it's horrible when even sleep doesn't do te trick. I've started taking multivitamins and thank god it's kind of helping but I know what you mean, I'm in my v early 30s, not 60s!! My friend had the same kind of tiredness as yours and she turned out to be vitamin k deficient. Might be worth asking the question if it carries on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I'll ask about vitamin K deficiency when I go back if these pills don't work x

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling great. I have extremely heavy periods as well, they also last for weeks (3.5 weeks was the longest). So I know how awful that is on its own to deal with. What your post made me think of as well was that you may also have S.A.D? I'd read that apparently due to this years poor weather (lack of sun) a lot of people have been experiencing this condition recently when normally it tends to be more prevalent in winter. I hope you get some resolution soon, whatever the cause. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I've read about SAD's before and I do notice that if the weather is bad my mood is also but I think a lot of people are like that. We need a good dose of sun x

      Delete
  3. oh no. yes, thats not right to be feeling so terrible. i hear that sunshine helps. maybe you need to take a trip (no kids) to wherever the sun is right now? :) im a new follower from silent sunday and thought i would hop on over here to you- so sorry you're not feeling well. i sure hope you get something that will help soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kendra thanks for the follow. A bit of sun would be great, we are going away next week and the weather is suppose to be good so that's something to look forward to. Love your blogs btw x

      Delete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x