Tuesday 14 August 2012

MonkiSee - ' Learning Made Fun' Review

**Please note since writing this review I have recently been informed that MonkiSee are launching a UK version very soon, which as you will read was my one concern about the product **

I'm a big fan of learning at home. I remember doing a lot of learning activities at home with my Mother when I was growing up and I loved it, so now I want to do the same with my two. 
So when we were recently sent a dvd from the series MonkiSee, Learning made fun, I was really excited.


'MonkiSee Baby DVDs are a fun and entertaining collection of baby DVDs that expose babies to upbeat music, original poetry, lovable puppets and real world images.     The MonkiSee collection introduces your baby to body parts, colors, shapes and more, all while teaching your baby to read.  The MonkiSee series is rich in language and has been proven to increase your baby's vocabulary.        Guaranteed to be your baby's favorite series - the MonkiSee line of Baby DVDs are products babies love and parents can feel good about.'

Now I must be honest here and say I was a little dissapointed. The problem was that it was American, now don't get me wrong I have nothing against America or Americans or anything to do with America, it's just that some American words are spelt differently and aren't pronounced the same way as they are in English . For example the word colour is spelt color. Now normally that wouldn't be a problem but when it's a dvd specifically designed to teach children to read, write and spell then the language differences become a problem. However for an American family I'm sure it would be great.

Here's a Testimonial from a mother in America -

   "I love MonkiSee baby dvd!  This is a half hour break each day that you can feel great about.  My son Joseph is learning fast.  At 12 months old, he can show you each body part.  This is such a wonderful foundation for learning!"   .........Rachel C.    Orlando, FL

Saying that though my 3 year old son really enjoys it and asks to have it on quite often. I often catch him dancing along to it. My 21 month old isn't so enthusiastic but she has never been interested in any TV, she's much happier raiding my cupboards and licking all of the spoons in the cutlery draw. She's special!


MonkiSee Baby DVDs     Quick Facts

  • These 30 minute interactive baby DVDs keep babies entertained and engaged.
  • MSMD baby dvds show lovable puppets that babies love to watch.
  • Upbeat children's music has babies moving and grooving to the beat.
  • MonkiSee theme song will have your baby singing along.
  • Original poetry builds child's language and vocabulary skills.
  • These baby dvds are Entertaining and Educational so your child easily learns new things while watching these favorite videos.
  • MSMD Baby DVDs help teach important preschool skills in a fun and interactive way.


* I haven't been paid to review this product but we were sent the dvd for free and as always I have given an honest opinion about the product *

Kids One Stop Shop 

 

1 comment:

  1. ooh that sounds good, and a uk version would be ace

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x